PXL/HO/Cir-086/2021-22 Date: 07.10.2021
Subject: Webinar & B2B on India : Azerbaijan Cooperation in Pharmaceutical Sector
We take pleasure in informing you that the Pharmaceuticals Export Promotion Council of India and Embassy of India in Baku, Azerbaijan is organizing an interactive session to bring together the pharma stakeholders of both the nations. Azerbaijan, a relatively small market in the CIS region imports more than USD 300 Mn worth of formulations from 40 + nations in the world. Indian pharmaceutical exports to Azerbaijan recorded a growth rate of 184 % with an export value of USD 13.9 Mn during FY-21. Azerbaijan has opened up its market for Indian pharmaceuticals and there are 197 Indian drugs registered so far and there lies a vast opportunity for Indian exporters for acquiring greater share in the market.
The Webinar & B2B is planned to highlight recent trends, explore potential trade opportunities and create awareness on Azerbaijan’s drug regulatory framework. Furthermore the program offers a platform for Indian players to interact and connect with attendees from the local pharma market by introducing their organization and highlighting their areas of excellence.
Tentative Program flow is as below:
1. Opening Remarks from the Honorable Ambassador: Outlining the India-Azerbaijan collaboration in Pharma & allied sectors
2. Special Address by Azerbaijan Health Ministry officials
3. State Agency of Mandatory Health Insurance to speak about Government procurement procedure of pharmaceutical products;
4. Analytical Expertise Center under the Ministry of Health of the Republic of Azerbaijan to brief about drug registration process in Azerbaijan;
5. Tariff Council to speak about the price regulation of drugs in the Republic of Azerbaijan.
6. presentation by a major pharma company in Azerbaijan and / or a consultant company to speak about opportunities and challenges in the Azerbaijani Pharma market.
Second Session/ B2B:
B2B Interactions and exchanging the company information/requirements is planned for an hour or so.
About 10 major Azerbaijani pharma importers are to participate in the webinar / B2B meetings. The Indian exporters (10-15) may be given an opportunity to make short ppt presentations (2-3 slides within 3 minutes each).
India : Azerbaijan Cooperation in Pharmaceutical Sector
Member companies with trade relations in Azerbaijan and the ones keen to expand their business operations in the market are requested to participate and avail the opportunity to gain insights from the scheduled program. For any further information/clarifications, please write to Mr.Siddharth, Sr.Executive Officer (firstname.lastname@example.org)