PXL/HO/Cir- 054/2018-19 Date: 5th October 2018
BOOK YOUR SPACE at INR. 50,000/- (STALL & AIR TICKET)
INDIA PAVILION AT HAVANA INTERNATIONAL TRADE FAIR (FIHAV) October 29th – November 2nd, 2018, Expocuba Fair Grounds, Havana, Cuba
You are kindly aware of the recent impetus being given to export promotion efforts to garner the emerging opportunities in Cuba post their market opening up to the world.
In recent times India and Cuba has embarked on increasing economic relationship as both the nations do share a great political and traditional relation. During the visit of our Hon’ble Vice president of India in October, 2013, the relations were upgraded toSpecial Strategic Partnership as a result there is an inclination of Cuba to increase imports from India and explore investments.
Closely following the multi-product delegation including pharma delegation to Cuba led by Honb’le Commerce Minister Shri Suresh Prabhu in November, 2018 and participation FIHAV-a premier exhibition, a high level official delegation led by the Honorable Minister of Public Health of the Republic of Cuba, H.E Dr. Roberto Morales Ojeda and accompanied by the Vice President of the Group of Companies BIOCUBAFARMA, Ms. Mayda Mauri Perez visited New Delhi during 6-7th December 2017. The Cuban delegation was accompanied by Mr. Nestor Marimon Torres, Director of International Relations and Cooperation of the Ministry of Public Health of Republic of Cuba and Mr. Alex Carreras Pons, Personal Advisor of the Minister. The deliberations opened up scope for numerous opportunities. Cuban authorities assured their best support to facilitate the business interactions between the companies.
Trade between India and Cuba stood at USD 43.18 Million in 2016-17. In 2016, pharmaceutical spending in Cuba reached an estimated value of USD1.61bn, which is expected to increase to USD1.72bn in 2017. Due to the country's historic commitment to healthcare improvement, Cuba's expenditure on drugs will outpace its GDP growth between 2016 and 2021, observing a compounded annual growth rate (CAGR) of 7.0% and reaching USD2.26bn by 2021. Per capita spending on medicine is expected to increase from USD140 to USD289 in the same period.
In continuance of the effort, we are pleased to bring to your kind notice that Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI) is organising India Pavilion at 36th edition of FIHAV 2018 under the aegis of Market Access Initiative Scheme of Ministry of Commerce and Industry, Government of India scheduled to be held from October 29th – November 2nd, 2018 at Expocuba Fair Grounds, Havana, Cuba.
FIHAV, as you are kindly aware, is the most important multisectoral trade fair in Cuba, has been organized without a break since 1983. It is considered as one of the prestigious shows in Latin America and the Caribbean.
· ‘Third Investment Forum’ to hold bilateral meetings between Cuban businessmen and potential foreign investors
· Attended by buyers from the entire LAC region
· Over 3000 exhibitors from 70 countries
· Govt. Participation and decision makers from Cuban Govt.
· Country Pavilions from some of the biggest economies of the world
OBJECTIVES OF ORGANIZING INDIA PAVILION AT FIHAV 2018:
· India is popular among LATAM for a variety of reasons such as affordability, presence of an Asian social milieu, legacy of physical artefacts and intangible attributes of a society and geographical proximity.
· Growing economy, business friendly environment, accessibility to other neighbouring markets in the region using Cuba as the base country.
· Opportunity to showcase strength of Indian industry to the new leadership and help industry connect with relevant who’s who in Cuba and LAC region.
BENEFITS OF PARTICIPATION AT INDIA PAVILION AT FIHAV 2018:
· For five days, exhibitors, businessmen and specialists from all sectors of the Cuban economy and a wide-range varied international trade show of the five continents will have the opportunity to group together at this fair´s venue to carry out business meetings and exchanging ideas on the challenges that lie ahead for attracting foreign capital.
FICCI is offering a very attractive package inclusive of return air-fare as follows:
Basic Package (Booth Only)
INR 50,000/- (All Inclusive)
· One Stall (6sqm) – International Constructed octanorm structure, 2 Chairs, 1 Table, 1Trashbin with bags, Power outlet
· Catalogue Entry
· Return Air-Ticket fixed dates, economy class
We are looking forward to your participation and for any further assistance feel free to contact. Please confirm your participation on the e-mail id to firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org. We should receive the confirmation on the participation form as attached by 20th October 2018.
Kindly acknowledge the receipt of this circuar.
With best regards
For more details
Dr Abhay Sinha
+91 93104123517; 011-45062550