PXL/HO/Cir-052/2021-22 Date: 14.08.2021
MAI Scheme 2021 & Operational Guidelines
From 1.4.2021 to 31.03.2026
Dear Sir / Madam,
Members are kindly aware thet Market Access Initiative (MAI) scheme has been implemented by the Department of Commerce from 2003 onwards to facilitate creation of enabling environment for accelerated growth of exports and trade. Further the Government of India is pleased to continue the existing MAI scheme for a period of five years from 01.04.2021 to 31.03.2026. Please find the MAI scheme 2021 & Operational Guidelines
It is observed that the 2021 scheme has given a enhanced focus on the following
· Development & promotion of exports from MSME sector
· Development of Districts as Export Hub for Identified products & Services
· Promotion odf exports of traditional products & services like AYUSH, Yoga, Geographical Indication products & Tribal products
· Development & promotion of Exports from North Eastern Region, Jammu & Kashmir, ladakh & Hill regions.
· Empowerment & Promotion of Export activities of people belonging to Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe, Women Exporters, Startups & Export oriented Entrepreneurs, Self-employed and Youth.
Members may kindly note that there are no major revisions happened to the components of MAI claims for "Reimbursement of Expenditure incurred by Exporters on Statutory compliances" such as Product Registration Charges, Plant Inspections, Patent applications, Bioequivalence studies Quality certifications for natural products & Bar coding on exports etc.
Please find below the important amendments made with respect to the participation of members in Activities/Events /Exhibitions/Trade delegations Abroad & RBSMs under scheme.
· Maximum of Three participations is allowed for a company in a particular trade fair/exhibition. In the case of exporters belonging to SC/ ST/ Women and the exporters having f.o.b. value of exports of or less than Rs.50 crore in a year, 5 participations in a particular event is allowed.
· Further member companies are allowed to participate for a maximum of three MAI events in a year. In the case of exporters belonging to SC/ ST/ Women and the exporters having f.o.b. value of exports of or less than Rs.50 crore in the preceding year, 5 participations in a year is allowed, provided each one of these is in a different market (eg. Africa, LAC, WANA, ASEAN, etc.
We are glad to share that the Reimbursement of airfare for participation in approved international events has been revised and comparison of MAI 2018 & MAI 2021 is given below.
Maximum of Rs.70,000/- (Rs.1,00,000/- for LAC countries)
Maximum of Rs.75,000/-
( Rs.1,25,000/ - for Africa and American continents)
Members to have completed 12 months of Membership and is regularly filing returns with EPC
Exports upto F.O.B. value of Rs.30 crores in preceding financial year.
F.O.B. value of exports below Rs.50 crore in the preceding financial year-.
Permissible only to the
regular Director / Partner/
Proprietor of the
Permissible only to the regular Director / Partner/ Proprietor or a regular officer of the company on senior managerial Position
Claim forms must be submitted to the
Council within 90 days of return to
Claim forms must be submitted to the Council within 45 days of return to India
Members are requested to go through the latest guidelines and submit their claims on-line accordingly. Pharmexcil will examine and recommend the applications to DoC for appropriate decisions.
Encl: MAI 2021 Guidelines