PXL/HO/Cir-077/2021-22 Date: 14.09.2021
Subject: Questionnaire for stakeholders consultations w.r.t. India-UAE negotiations on FTA.
This is to bring to the notice of members that India is currently in the process of considering Foreign Trade Agreements (FTA) with the United Arab Emirates (UAE). There is also a possibility of deliberating Government Procurement (GP) and include a GP chapter thereof. At the moment, India is not a party to any GP obligations.
1. The negotiations, if successful, would be a breakthrough agreement and would strengthen economic ties between the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) countries and India. In this regard, a preliminary stakeholders discussion was also held on 7th of September, 2021. The Department of Commerce (DOC) has taken into account the responses and issues raised by the attending representatives from different sectors & companies with operations in the UAE market.
2. The aforementioned proposed agreement will develop between the two regions, economic policies and laws in accordance with worldwide best practices for a competitive knowledge economy. This will also broaden the range of commercial possibilities available to businesses and lower the expenses of doing business for both government and industry.
3. Taking this into consideration, the Government of India (GoI) is committed towards an inclusive trade policy that takes into consideration the views of all relevant stakeholders. Pharmexcil is entrusted with responsibility of the inputs for the negotiations with respect to the Pharma sector.
4. It therefore seeks valuable inputs in future trade negotiations between India and UAE. The suggestions and views may be shared in the attached questionnaire and complemented with relevant information.
5. The attached questionnaire duly filled with relevant information about your organization with views and suggestions should be mailed in the form of a separate attachment to (firstname.lastname@example.org). Considering the time bound nature of this assignment, we would appreciate it if the questionnaire can be completed and returned within a week i.e 21st Sep 2021.